Definition of Personal Information
- Anything containing a personal identification code
2. Scope of Policy’s Application
3. Acquisition of Personal Information
Appropriate and fair means are used to obtain customers’ personal information. Unless within the scope required by other rules of the Resort, laws or regulations, the customer bears no obligation to provide the Resort with personal information, and a choice to not provide said information shall not impede the customer’s purchase of products or services from the Resort
4. Purpose of Using Personal Information
The Resort acquires and uses customers’ personal information for the following purposes.
（1）For reservations and services at the Resort’s accommodations, banquet rooms, restaurants, bar, facilities as well as for customer safety
（2） Booking accommodations at the IHG ANA Hotels Reservation Center
（3）Announcing, providing and managing services, products, events and promotional campaigns handled by the Resort
（4）Conducting questionnaires on the Resort’s services, products and so on
（5）All operations incidental to and relating to the aforementioned items
（6）Making contact with regards to providing the Hotel’s services and products
（7）Announcing and providing various information on services, products, events and promotional campaigns handled by the Resort’s partner, companies and others
（8）Addressing inquiries, requests, and other such sources
5. Disclosure and Provision to Third Parties
The Resort shall not, unless any of the following exceptions apply, disclose or provide customers’ personal information to a third party. Note that neither joint use of information nor provision to a subcontractor qualifies as disclosure or provision to a third party. The Resort properly supervises the handling of personal information between the Resort and subcontractors by concluding contracts and other such means.
(1) If the owner of the personal information provides consent
(2) If disclosure or provision is required by law
(3) If necessary, to save a life or to defend against harm to a person or property, and gaining the consent of the customer proves difficult
(4) If cooperation is required to carry out the public duties of the Japanese government, a local government or other such sources, and gaining the consent of the customer proves difficult
(5) If the owner of the personal information is notified of the following information in advance of the personal information’s provision or said owner can easily be expected to know of the situation at the time of the personal information’s provision, and the Resort shall cease providing the personal information to the third party at the owner’s request
– Provision to the third party falls within the purpose of use
– The personal information to be provided to the third party
– The method or means by which the information shall be provided to the third party
– The Resort shall cease providing personal information that identifies the owner to the third party at the request of said owner
– If disclosure or provision of statistical data or the like cannot identify the personal information’s owner
As part of our services for guests, a third party may specify the name of a guest if
– the Resort receives a request from a third party over the telephone or in-person inquiring about whether the guest is staying at the Resort, to which the Resort will provide an answer either over the telephone or in-person
– the Resort receives a request from a third party to leave a message or package and we deliver or inform the guest of the message or package. If requested by a customer when booking accommodations or during check-in, the Resort shall cease providing personal information to third parties as it pertains to the aforementioned services.
6. Management of Personal Information
The Resort takes the utmost care to properly manage customers’ personal information and to prevent exposure, loss, tampering and so on. Executives and employees undergo in-house training on the protection and proper handling of customers’ personal information. In addition, the time period during which the Resort stores personal information is stipulated elsewhere according to the purpose of use, and the Resort uses appropriate methods to dispose of the information after the said time period expires.
7. Disclosures, Correction, Deletion, Addition, Termination of Use, Erasure
If a customer personally requests the I. disclosure, II. correction, deletion or addition, or III. termination of use or erasure of personal information in the Resort’s possession by a prescribed method, the Resort shall, upon verifying that the requester is the owner of said personal information, respond as provided below within a reasonable time and scope. However, in the event of a risk to the lives, health, property or otherwise of the owner or a third party, or of a considerable impediment to the execution of the Resort’s operations, or of a violation of other laws or regulations, the Resort may refuse the request in whole or in part.
– For disclosure, the Resort shall provide an answer.
– For correction, deletion or addition, the Resort shall, upon reviewing the content of the request, correct or otherwise respond without delay if the Resort determines that the personal information relevant to the request is false or if said personal information has been handled inappropriately.
7.1. Request Methods and Inquiries Concerning Disclosure, etc.
Inquiries concerning requests described in the preceding paragraph on customers’ personal information in the Resort’s possession and inquiries concerning other personal information shall be made via the methods provided below. Note that confirmation of reservations and usage of Resort accommodations, banquet rooms, restaurants, bar facilities and so on should be directed to the appropriate resort reception desk, as such confirmations are available free of charge. However, please note in advance that the Resort will refuse to provide any of these confirmations if we cannot verify that the requester is the customer (or we verify from the content of the request that the requester is acting in place of the customer).
The Resort shall receive requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, termination of use/erasure or notification of purpose of use by appending the required documentation to the prescribed request form and sending both in the post to the address below.
Personal Information Consultation Desk
ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort
2260 Seragaki Onna-son, Kunigami-gun Okinawa, Japan 904-0493
*The IHG® Rewards Club is a service program administers by the InterContinental Hotel Group. Procedures to change member information are handled by the IHG® Rewards Club website and the IHG® Rewards Club Customer Care Center.
IHG Rewards Club
IHG® Rewards Club Customer Care Center
Hours: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (closed weekends & holidays)
Email address: IHGRewardsClub@ihg.com
7.2. Documents to Submit for Disclosure
When making a “Request to Disclose” or other such requests, fill in all the prescribed items in the request form (A) and mail it, along with a copy of proof of personal identification (B), in the same envelope. If there are incomplete items, note in advance that we will be unable to comply with a disclosure request. Please download your request form here or request one from the Resort. (A) Prescribed Application Form
- Request to Disclose Personal Data Possessed by ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort
- Request to Change Personal Data Possessed by ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort
- Request to Terminate Usage of Personal Data Possessed by ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort
- Request for Notification on Purpose of Use of Personal Data Possessed by ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort
(B) Documents to Verify Identity of Personal Information Owner or Proxy (If you are the owner) Copies of two of any of the following: driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, basic resident register card with photo, identification booklet for the physically challenged, pension handbook, Residence Card with photo, seal registration certificate (If you are the proxy) Letter of proxy, identification of the proxy *Copies of two of any of the following belonging to the proxy: driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, basic resident register card with photo, pension handbook, identification booklet for the physically challenged, Residence Card with photo, seal registration certificate
7.3. Handling Charges
Payment of a handling charge of 500 yen (including tax) shall be paid for each disclosure request.